Author Topic: Finn is dead  (Read 5410 times)

CarrieSpicoli

• Old Lady Princess
    • View Profile
Finn is dead
« on: July 14, 2013, 04:32:25 AM »
I just heard the news in the midst of my insomnia, when I decided to check Facebook...

I know he had an apparent drug problem but I was still shocked. And I will also be sad whenever I want to listen to the Glee version of I Want It That Way.

But hey my wishes of there never being a Finn/Rachel reunion have forever come true! Eh, too soon?
You don't deserve to be at camp!
Come join the party Matt!

Goodnight campers ;B

Angela is the bet horror movie killer ever.

Billie Green

• Finn the Human
  • Wildberry Princess
    • View Profile
Re: Finn is dead
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 10:45:48 AM »
The man couldn't act or sing or dance and was 30 when he was cast as a teenager on Glee. Let's be real here, he was only on that show because Ryan Murphy wanted to have sex with him. If he were still just some dude in the prairies of Canada, he would have OD'ed in wood shed or campsite and we never would have known or cared. We didn't lose the next Sinatra or anything.

My favorite joke was someone on /pol/ saying now Faberry can be canon.

Erin

• Old Lady Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 11:54:32 AM »
Sure, his talent was mediocre at best, but he was still a real person. He's had drug problems since he was 13 though, so it was sadly kinda expected.

PoP

• BMO
  • Old Lady Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 01:08:18 PM »
The only episode of Glee I liked him in was the Grilled Cheezus episode, but it's still sad.  He was what, thirty?  Thirty-one?  :(

Erin

• Old Lady Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 02:57:31 PM »
Yeah, only 31. And I dread to think how he'll be written off the show with Ryan Murphy in charge.

Ruthie Pee

• Breakfast Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 03:59:10 PM »
Wow, he was 31?

CarrieSpicoli

• Old Lady Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 04:59:11 PM »
Knowing Ryan Murphy, Finn will probably be killed off camera in a street rumble against Brody for Rachel's affection.

Goodnight campers ;B

Erin

• Old Lady Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 05:10:37 PM »
Knowing Ryan Murphy, Finn will probably be killed off camera in a street rumble against Brody for Rachel's affection.

LOL thanks, that made me laugh. In a weird way I hope they actually kill him off and don't just pretend he left for some other country or something.

PoP

• BMO
  • Old Lady Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 06:16:35 PM »

LOL thanks, that made me laugh. In a weird way I hope they actually kill him off and don't just pretend he left for some other country or something.

He can be Glee's Darcy.

CarrieSpicoli

• Old Lady Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 06:55:47 PM »
In most cases, when a television actor dies their characters die with them. It'd be pretty disrespectful to Cory to just give Finn some one-line send-off, only Degrassi would do something like that.

Goodnight campers ;B

rum springa

• Wildberry Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 07:30:17 PM »
A first I thought the guy from Law & Order SVU died.

I've only seen one episode of Glee when it happened to be on tv years ago.  I'm going to download the pilot in memoriam.  RIP.

Billie Green

• Finn the Human
  • Wildberry Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 11:00:32 PM »
The pilot was actually really good. The first half of season 1 was the best Glee because the writers understood that a high school show set in a musical was inherently silly and embraced it. Then the show got a ton of positive press for having a flaming homo who was accepted by his father, and since Ryan Murphy is surrounded by yes men and Brazilian he started to believe the show was important and that ruined Glee.

Erin

• Old Lady Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 10:41:19 AM »
The pilot was actually really good. The first half of season 1 was the best Glee because the writers understood that a high school show set in a musical was inherently silly and embraced it. Then the show got a ton of positive press for having a flaming homo who was accepted by his father, and since Ryan Murphy is surrounded by yes men and Brazilian he started to believe the show was important and that ruined Glee.

Accurate summary. As soon as Glee crossed into after school special territory, it jumped the shark.

CarrieSpicoli

• Old Lady Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 04:57:00 PM »
I think it got lame after Blaine joined the Glee club. Not necessarily because of him always, but the more characters that started joining New Directions for storyline convenience the worse the actual storylines got.

Goodnight campers ;B

Erin

• Old Lady Princess
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 08:49:28 PM »
It's been ruled his death was an accidental overdose on heroin and alcohol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TkiyUG6MsrA